We actively strive to work with, inform and influence the development of all services for all children and young adults with disabilities and/or additional needs in Sefton – as first recommended by the previous government in “Aiming high for disabled children: better support for families” – May 2007. Parents/carers/grandparents/foster carers with a child/ren with disabilities and/or additional needs. Meeting and working together for support and change.
Sefton Parent Carer Forum is a well informed, connected and empowered community of families of children with disabilities or additional needs, offering support to each other and working in partnership with service providers to create quality services that meet the needs of all parent carers and their children.
What we do
Members of Sefton Parent Carer Forum work collectively for all families, respect each other’s views & make best use of one another’s skills & resources.
- Parents voice
- Parent participation
- Advice and support
- Training parents
- Support local groups
How We Do It
- Enable parents/carers to make views known to service providers
- Provide training for parent/carers
- Parent representation
- Working with local organisations and charities
- Surveys and consultations
- Feedback on meetings we attend
- Visit disability events
- Represent parent/carer views at decision making boards
- Keep parents informed of SEND news nationally and locally
- Signpost parents to appropriate support and advice
- Arrange information days
- Attend meetings on behalf of the parent carers